Saturday, September 6

WEIRD...

I'm here!! Today/yesterday (kinda the same thing for me) were RIDICULOUS. Lemme just give you the lowdown.

We got a wakeup call at 7am on Friday, to which we complied, good girls that we are. *cough* (haha Luca...)
After a whole day of being told stuff we didn't want to listen to but will be happy to have heard a month from now - including a very interesting sex talk - we went to airport.
FOUR hours later we got on our plane. By this point I was ready to go to bed. Keep in mind this is 5 pm. Which was actually 11pm to us because we changed our watches to Germany time as soon as we were on the plane.
Ben from Texas paid me 10 Euro to switch him seats on the plane (his idea not mine) which landed me 10 Euros better off AND right next to 2 cute guys from the Ukraine. The plane ride ROCKED but we got no sleep. HEY Sam, I ate the breakfast and I was just fine....
In the Frankfurt airport we sat around from 7am to 12:30pm doing absolutely nothing except making new friends and drinking soda. No, not pop. Soda. Hardly any of the Americans knew what pop was, and the Hong Kong kids really had no idea. Ronald from Ghana gave me a really cool necklace
.(Sorry it's so big! But it's kinda like a top.)
Then we finally got on the train, where we sat for 2.5 hours until the bahnhof in Bonn. Then my new friend Matt, the Finnish girl, and I exited the train and went our separate ways.


I am now officially being tutored by a 5-year-old.

And I haven't slept in who know how long... can anyone tell me what year it is? I think I got lost.....

I promise I will give cultural details about everything from the radio to the toilet at a later date.

/crash into bed

5 comments:

Janint said...

I'm glad you made it safe and sound. Until I moved to IA I 'learned' that you drink 'pop'. For me it will always be soda :)
Good luck with the time difference!

grams said...

Glad you got there safely. Hope you got some sleep. Grams

chrissybeagle said...

Lauren--
glad you arrived safely and met so many nice people! :) I'm already missing you and didnt really get to say good bye before you left! :)


it will be weird to not have you in class tomorrow! :) Know that I am thinking of you and praying for you! :)

Hope you have a great day...do you know where you will be going to church yet??

Dont worry ill keep you in the gratituesday loop! :)

Ich lieba disch mein schatze!
Guten Nacht eina kleina churna machen!

Paul Flack said...

Hey World Traveler! Way to make yourself a few bucks! I noticed you skimmed quickly over the "sex talk" comment. I assume they were saying "Don't have it," right? Be good and watch out for culture shock!

Uncle P

Sister Teusch said...

That's not exactly what they were saying, no.... Which is why I skipped over it.