Raised on the plains, matured along the Rhine. Studying in the mountains, awed by Berlin. Currently: Serving the Lord in Frankfurt
Tuesday, February 26
First week in Germany!
She lives in a purple building!
-Mom
Sorry if my typing will be weird. Still readjusting to the keyboard.
Yep, I'm in Dortmund. A miracle city. That's what they call it: there were 11 baptisms in the ward last year! We're helping 2 investigators stop smoking, one who's a less-active and one who wants to get baptized.
The McPhersons, a senior couple at our Institute, had a goodbye party and I saw Holly Johnson (now Holly Hurst) in the powerpoint! Someone tell her!
When I went to in-field orientation for missionaries exiting the MTC in the next week, they said it was the biggest group of exiting missionaries they have EVER had.
I'm really going to miss my MTC district. I wrote them all letters on the plane. In our goodbye meeting, Sis. Christianson said she'd have to give 100% on her mission just so she can face her MTC district again. I feel the same way, what a great group of missionaries!
Everyone do me a favor and write down one miracle or blessing or just good thing that happened in your day before you go to bed every day for a week. Just do it. Everyone needs to be reminded of the positives when it's dark outside.
The purple building is the one I live in.
In the devotional we watched Sunday night, Elder Holland said that even God wouldn't be happy in heaven without his family. That's why there are missionaries: to help all of God's family to be together in heaven. John 17:14. Christ also wants us all to be with Him again. God truly loves us and His whole purpose is to bring us happiness. Moses 1:39.
The missionaries' job is to take care of the spiritual conversion of investigators, but the members are in charge of the social conversion. Members don't have to teach lessons or the gospel, they just have to be kind and friendly and talk about the church with their friends. Just chat about church activities like your would your book club! Why do we always act like church stuff is this big secret? It's exciting and fun and hey there's one every week if you wanna come!
Anyway. when I got to Dormund there were 4 sisters sleeping on my living room floor. It was very confusing. But now there's just the two of us.
We had, like, 7 investigators come to a baptism on Friday! It was nuts! I didn't know who to talk to!
Ok, sorry this is all bursts of randomness with no theme. Hope you can guess what the pictures are of.
Love, Sister Teusch
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment