Last week Sis. Young got transferred out of her Golden City to Darmstadt, to be companions with Sis. Muncy, who was with me in the MTC. So that's cool. Sis. Stout, who was only 30 minutes away in Jena, came to replace her. It somehow never occurred to me that I would be taking over Erfurt, so we've been spending a lot of time looking at maps, but otherwise things have been great. Sis. Stout met a miracle on the train in the form of a super friendly 40-something couple who have only even been Christians at all for 3 years and are very excited about it. I've never had anyone be so excited to receive a Book of Mormon and to recognize it as the treasure that it is. When I told her it was a gift for her, she basically squealed! And she said she and her husband would have to fight over who got to read it first at night :) We said next time we came we could bring one for him, too. It was so wonderful.
Did I tell you we have an opera singer in our branch? She's an American and she's basing herself in Erfurt while she travels Europe on an audition tour. The branch is pretty excited about it (it was a little embarrassing but also cute). The only problem is that the branch presidency thinks it'd be a great idea for the 2 of us to do a duet. Um, what!?
Dress shopping is the worst. When Ben told me I would miss his wedding, the thought that I wouldn't have to buy a dress for it is what consoled me.
HAS SOMEONE TOLD RACHEL (Paxton)WE'RE GOING TO BE COUSINS?!? I will tell her right now. She will feel so justified.
I got your letter from the 80s! Your transfer stories are unbelievable. I don't know how you survived.
Your Relief Society lesson sounds wonderful. I heard a lot of stuff this conference about preparing yourself and your home against the hurtful things of the world.
Ben is so excited to show Jefferson to Jacki, just like I always am. Jefferson is such a wonderful town.
I love you!
Sister Teusch
No comments:
Post a Comment