First, my Internet privacy has been invaded over 500 times!! It's almost as if I'm a popular person!
Second, and mainly, tonight after dinner my host father told me that the family holds a Thanksgivingparty (yes, one word. This is German.) for about 50 of their friends every year, and did I have any hints for them?
Uhhhmmm....
All that came to mind was turkey, that scene on The West Wing when the president calls the Butterball Hotline, pumpkin pie, and kindergarteners running around with construction paper feathers on their heads.
So I am calling on my vast network of Americans - send your favorite part of Thanksgiving, be it an activity, family tradition, or recipe, to me at heavenlydaughter@gmail.com. ASAP! And closer to the day, I will post a compilation of them for your very American viewing pleasure.
Also, I am saving all the very good questions I've received for slower posting times, don't worry, I'll get to them!
2 comments:
Sorry to write until now. I hope you have a nice Thanksiving even though you are miles away from your home. This is one of the traditions of the USA that I
really like. I already baked pumpkin pie and tomorrow will cook the rest. My favorite part of this day is to remember my blessings and the origin of this traditions, and of course eating pumpkin pie!
I meant to say Thanksgiving, I'm tired, I have to go to sleep!
Post a Comment