Monday, February 2

Breakin' the Bank Buyin' some Bread - Fotos von Weihnnachten


I went to Norddeutschland for Christmas and hung out with my hostgrandparents, hostcousins, and hostaunts and hostuncles for 2 weeks. It was much fun and we visited some places where I took some pictures.
Unfortunately, my hostgrandpa does not know what 'No thank you, I am full' means, even if I say it in German, so I pretty much gained a solid 10 pounds those two weeks. Well, they say that AFS stands for Another Fat Student, so I'm just fulfilling my duty!

Aand, I am going running later.


Ingo is a soldier so he has a little pass that he can flash and get into cool places. I tried to not let anyone know I was an American, just in case.


This is a statue of a man that used to walk around carrying water.
And you thought Lincoln was important.
Yes, I am wearing green skinny jeans - I love Germany.



This is the Hamburg Hauptbahnhof, or, as much of it as I could get into the lens.

Yes, it is a three-section long bus. ''THAT'S THE BIGGEST BUS I'VE EVER SEEN!!!'' = direct quote.


This is the boat that takes you to the place where the König der Löwen is playing!!! That would have been sooo cool.



On the way home from Grandma's, Ingo Gideon and I took a pitstop in Bremen to look around.

Bremen Stadt Musikkanten! Or something like that. Anyway, these animals are pretty smart. And musical. And if you touch this thing, you get good luck. Yay!! Also yay for amazing scarves and hostbrothers with funny smiles. - that's Gideon.




I guess Jared isn't quite as awe-inspiring in Europe, so they had to get this guy instead.

3 comments:

Jim said...

Is the Lion King theater on an island?

Sister Teusch said...

Yes!

Jules said...

My grandpa was German-Danish and while he spoke perfect English, he never seemed to understand that you were full. Especially if you were Paul and someone once told him that you had wrestled in High School--apparently that meant you needed to eat. A lot.