What is going on here?!
All I know is that I have only 10 or 11 weeks left. And so many things to do… most of which can only be done on the weekends. Of which I have even fewer than of normal days, where I have to go to school and pretend that I care despite that I am probably getting no credit for any of it and, well, the kids are not that smart. I hate having a superiority complex, but I honestly have nothing to discuss with these people. Even if my German skills weren’t lacking, which they still are, a bit.
We’ll see what I can do with what’s left… I’m looking forward to:
We’ll see what I can do with what’s left… I’m looking forward to:
• Stake Conference
• Dad and Ben’s visit
• Going to Berlin
• a partially-planned Frankfurt Tempel visit
• catching up in Seminary
• finding out what Pfingsten is
• many Wednesday night activities
So now that that is out of the way, here is what has been going on recently…
SPRING BREAK!
I went with Allegra Bel, her hostmother Heidi, and her hostsister (who I love) Laura to Phantasialand, and then the next day to the zoo. We rode rollercoasters and saw dolphins and had a lot of fun!
The week before that was the week I went to visit Hannes in Cuxhaven. Click on the markers for a bit more information.
View Trip to Hannes' in a larger map
The Rest of the Pictures of this Week are here.
It was great to see Hannes again, to meet his family, to be able to talk about people from home with someone who actually knows them. It was also great to experience daily life with a different family – because of course, every family does it differently.
Before that, I went to Wiesbaden to take the ACT. I stayed with a very lovely American couple who live on the military base there. They are friends of the old babysittee of my mother. They had sheets on the bed, and Macaroni and Cheese in a box, and American-style plug-ins, The Ensign… all kinds of goodies! It was wonderful.
I got a 32… not shabby.
I don’t really like long-distance trains… but they beat long-distance Autobahn rides.
That about sums it up for right now!
-lauren margaret
The week before that was the week I went to visit Hannes in Cuxhaven. Click on the markers for a bit more information.
View Trip to Hannes' in a larger map
The Rest of the Pictures of this Week are here.
It was great to see Hannes again, to meet his family, to be able to talk about people from home with someone who actually knows them. It was also great to experience daily life with a different family – because of course, every family does it differently.
Before that, I went to Wiesbaden to take the ACT. I stayed with a very lovely American couple who live on the military base there. They are friends of the old babysittee of my mother. They had sheets on the bed, and Macaroni and Cheese in a box, and American-style plug-ins, The Ensign… all kinds of goodies! It was wonderful.
I got a 32… not shabby.
I don’t really like long-distance trains… but they beat long-distance Autobahn rides.
That about sums it up for right now!
-lauren margaret
2 comments:
What do Germans put on the bed if not sheets? Sounds like Spring Break was a lot of fun. And congratulations on your ACT score--no surprise there. These last weeks will probably fly by!
They have a sheet that goes on the mattress, and then they have a comforter on top that they change the cover on. No sheet in the middle, and no tucking it into the end of the bed! It's wonderful.
Post a Comment