Saturday, June 13

iRock

To console all those out there in Bloggerworld who are sorely missing my blogs, I would like to present the following excuse:
I have been busy.

Why is this a great excuse and not the lame one everyone always uses?

Because me being busy means that I am Making the Most out of my Experience.
Blah Blah.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~


1.Earth Day is not celebrated in Germany, but it is in America. ... Think about it.

Demonstration in front of the Maritim Hotel,where the International Climate Negotiations were held by the UNFCCC in Bonn the last two weeks.



2. Schriftstellenfestival - Seminary Scripture Mastery Retreat



3. Mother's Day Weekend - I gave a talk in church! In German! And went to Phantasialand again. Buy 1 Get 1 Frei deal.


This was my favorite ride. Surprised?


4. Ben and Dad came! Ben ate the bread and Dad learned German through osmosis.
We also played fun games with my hostfamily and saw some castles.


5. Olga got baptised!

6. I wrote a test in English and actually did pretty good! (Translation is iffy.)

7. I went to Berlin with AFS and celebrated the 60th Anniversary of Germany As We Know It.



8. I watched The Testaments for the first time - in German.



9. Pfingsten is Pentecost. My family went North and I got to squat at Anya's since Koko and Patrick were gone for 2 weeks biking in Norwegen.

10. AFS Komitees Aachen, Bonn, Köln, and Siegen had our last Camp of the exchange!
















11. I went to Köln with two Iranians from my class at school. We ate Persian food (yum lamb!) and I spoke some Persian to some people who thought it was adorable. Salom! Merci!
The Persian word for 'kiss' sounds a lot like 'much'. So one time in Greece, Mamubeh said, 'Thank you very much' (with her adorable accent) and then her little niece got out and said, 'Thank you very *muah*' to the cabby! Tee hee.



12. Fronleichnam is a holiday. I didn't have to go to school. What is that? Corpus Christi. But no one knows that - I know, because I asked them. I had to Wiki it.

13. Èlder Teusch has finally arrived in the Domican Republic, mostly in one piece. Next stop, Puerto Rico!

14. I switched from Chemistry to Physics for next year. Yay for Sis. Buxton!



There you go - a little bite-sized update of what I've been doing!


So that people know:
10. Juli - Fly Away!
11. Juli - Go to New York!
18. Juli - Be home!





1 comment:

grams said...

You are an amazing "busy as a bee" young adult. I'm weary just thinking about all you have done this year. Love you and thanks for the letter.