Raised on the plains, matured along the Rhine. Studying in the mountains, awed by Berlin. Currently: Serving the Lord in Frankfurt
Tuesday, June 25
THIS WEEK WAS INSANE
We knelt down and prayed with someone and then God told her she was going to be baptized in September. God not only answers, He answers immediately! All you have to be is ready for it. I'll never forget it.
Mary and the baby are healthy.
We watched Finding Faith in Christ with a member this week, and I've always found that movie a bit goofy in parts which used to distract me from the message. But this time I didn't even care. I was overpowered by a knowledge that Christ's miracles really did happen. It's no story or fable, they really did happen, and they are continuing to happen. Sometimes we just have to get over ourselves to recognize it!
On a split my companion helped a couple decide to be baptized--the wife officially in July, the husband is still waiting on an answer but if he gets it he'll join her. The member we invited to come with us was a huge help and blessing, and she almost didn't come because she couldn't find the house and it was raining. But when she tried to drive away, her car wouldn't start! After the lesson it worked just fine. Hah!
We dropped by on a young mother we know for a couple minutes. I almost wanted to just leave again because she was so physically exhausted from her children and school, she almost didn't make it up the stairs. But we shared a scripture from the Book of Mormon to remind her the strength that can be found in God, and she was so grateful she almost begged us to stop by again this week. Sometimes I have to remind myself I'm not an inconvenience, I'm a bringer of hope!
Saturday was just great all around. We met with a man from Cameroon, and he is the most punctual, responsible, genuinely ready person I have ever met! It was a perfect first lesson! And Ana was a perfect joint teach! Ahhh! And then I called him just now and he apologized for not reading more than 30 pages. I was like THAT IS TOTALLY JUST FINE YOU KEEP GOING!
And on the way back to the streetcar this guy on a bike stopped us and was like "Can I see your name badge?" And he got all excited and tried to have us come over right then but we had an appointment we had to get to, so we got his number and wrote down his address . . . and we'll probably send the elders because we got weird vibes from him. But it was funny.
Then we got attacked by a Polish Jehovah's Witness. I almost wanted to stop her and be like, "No, THIS is how you approach people on the street. Practice with me." But we just smiled at her until she got off the train. You know, maybe the Bible doesn't ever mention Birthdays. But I can't help but think there are issues more relevant to our personal salvation.
Later we went to Ana's because it was her birthday and explained what a Seventy was and about Patriarchal blessings while eating American Cookies (that we made, go us).
Then on Sunday, a little girl received the gift of the Holy Ghost through the laying on of hands through proper priesthood authority! Yes!
Also, I think my achilles is starting to be messed up, it was 90° at the beginning of the week and now it's 60°, and because of Zone Conference and a 3-day power split, I haven't gotten a full night of sleep all week.
BUT I'M SO HAPPY. WHAT IS MY LIFE.
<3!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment