On Sunday I played with nursery children for 2 hours while the ward watched the Work of Salvation broadcast. The children were super adorable, but more importantly, if you haven't watched that broadcast, you must. And if you had, what are you going to do this week to apply it to your own covenant to witness of Christ?
I'm serious about this. If the membership of the Church puts off this call to the work that coincides with this push of missionaries, I don't know if another such opportunity will be given to us. They don't call it the Work of Salvation for nothing.
The world teaches that prophesies will be fulfilled by destiny--that no matter what we do, we cannot change the outcome. But the promises and prophesies of the Lord are always based upon our agency: we have to choose to act in a way that the promises can be fulfilled, or they won't be, and it will be upon our heads, not His.
We visited the famous Frau Koch again last night and my companion spent the whole visit sneakily hiding the food into her bag so she didn't have to eat it. I could barely keep myself from laughing.
A woman we're teaching is getting baptized in 2 weeks. This week we laid out 20 pictures of things that are important in front of her and her husband and made them slowly narrow it down to the number one most important thing, and they picked faith! It was awesome. And then we were like, hey, you picked it, not us. Now act on that. And they did!
I think the point of this email is DO THINGS!
Love you!
Sis. Teusch
No comments:
Post a Comment