Friday, January 10

Don't Trip!

This was Lauren’s email last week when I was in California (December 30). She keeps promising to do a better job of writing a letter for everyone each week. Her P-days have been a little crazy as she works with her companion who still isn’t feeling 100%.

-Nancy

 

This week was one of the longest weeks of my life.

 

On Monday my companion was still a little bit wobbly on her feet, which made the prospect of grocery shopping scary. I think I'll always have negative associations.

 

On Tuesday I made a cream cheese frosting for Elder Gamble's cinnamon rolls and we had a white elephant exchange at district meeting! I got gingerbread. I put it on our sugar shelf, which is really full. And we met with our favorite investigator, an 80-year-old woman who can't leave her apartment. But boy is her mind sharp! She remembers everything we teach her!

 

On Christmas day we went to Mexico!! Or to a mexican restaurant with our investigators. It was super good. I ate a ton of enchiladas, which made me full for 2 whole days. Then we went to Weimar and I had to pass on some delicious-looking sloppy joes!

 

ON Boxing Day we went caroling with a member family, who fed us. I was not hungry. I ate it anyway! It was delicious! Then we went to another member family and I skyped with my fambly all the way out in California, and got to see Jacki's smiling face for the first time in live-action! 

 

Friday I think I took a nap, I don't really remember anymore.

 

Actually, everything after that is a blur.

 

I had a very happy christmas and wish you all, as the Germans say, a good slide into the new year! See you on the flip side!

 

Sister Teusch

No comments: