The first hour starts at 7:45. Each class period lasts 45 minutes, with no breaks in-between (except the big ones labeled Pause). The different colors represent different teachers, since many of them teach more than one class. The Pauses are 20 minutes long, and I usually go to the library and get on the computer to work on my Abenteuer Deutschland, a workbook cd thing that AFS wants us to do here.
Informatiks are computer classes.
BWL, ReWe, and VWL are all business or math type classes, but I have no clue yet what exactly that all stands for... which makes it hard to follow along sometimes.
In Religion right now we are talking about homosexuality and groups are giving presentations on different aspekts, like how it is handled in Europe, where it is allowed/punished by death, and how it is seen in the workplace. I find the whole preface quite ridiculous and usually work on something else during this class. I am supposed to give a presentation on how America handles religious education in school (I told him we don't, but he didn't believe me) and how homosexuality is viewed in Amerika. (um, it's kind of a big country, and this is the wrong girl to ask!) Luckily he said to do it in English, so the class can get practice hearing it. Bleh.
School is cool, smoking isn't, have a great day.
3 comments:
Wow! They seriously teach religion in public school there? Interesting, is it just an overview of the world's religions or does it focus on a certain religion?
They do allow Religion clubs to meet in the school before and after class time. You could tell about seminary in Utah schools held during the school day, but in a different building.
Yeah,what Grams said. Alex and Sam both do seminary "during school"-called released-time. But, you know how Mormons control the government in Utah. Check my blog entry on Homosexuality-may give you some ideas.
Post a Comment