Wednesday, March 25

Back to Reality

Well, this has all been fine and dandy, but when you get right down to it, between not speaking German and not being allowed to write the test, well, my school skills have ... disappeared.

Enter: ACT!

Me: oh dang.

Allegra Bel: Website! Bitte schön!

So this is me, sitting in the library after asking to be let out of Deutsch (see previous post involving book) doing test prep stuff on number2.com. And I begin the algebra section, and I get this little gem:


6

Do you know what this means?

Of course you do. It's a six, as in one, two, three, four, five, SIX. So what?

Well, right back at you: six whats?

6 horses? 6 cars? 6 cookies? 6 friends?

And you say, "I dunno, just 6." And that's exactly what's so important. Believe it or not, it was a HUGE advance for peoplekind when we first realized that what 6 horses and 6 cookies had in common was their SIX-ness.

That might sound too obvious to be deep, but it is deep.

Let's move on.


I feel smarter already. This is my kinda humor/learning.

Luckily, no, I did NOT bomb the English Practice Test. In fact, I aced it.

Algebra, on the other hand....

2 comments:

Jules said...

You'll do yourself proud on the ACT.

Sister Teusch said...

I sure hope so! Of course, at this point, it wouldn't take much to do myself proud!