Oh hey, Bonn. It's just me, back again. I look different, but so do you! The Gummibär store moved from the big one right by the Hole to back by the Musik shop, for example. At least it still exists. I mean, if Bonn quits eating gummibears, Haribo's in trouble. Just sayin'.
I've changed more, though. Especially if you count from when I was first here, back in fall of 2008. Three years! I was 16 years old, and felt ancient. Now I'm 19 and feel young. But I also have Hindsight on my side, and guess what. I was younger when I was 16. This time I'll do much better. I've also lost quite a bit of weight, and have come better prepared for the all-over-the-place weather of Germany. Plus I have fancy, non-white shoes (thanks mom!). So if I don't open my mouth, I blend right in. I hope, anyway.
I could probably muster a more in-depth comparison, but... not right now. Sorry, those who read for educational content! :)
The flight from Chicago to Frankfurt was only hypothetically up and down. Up, because the couple I sat by were super nice, friendly, and polite. Not only did they happily move even though there were both sleeping to let me out, the man offered his hand to help me stand. And we survived the line to customs (so long!) together. Down because I had the worst time sleeping. Up because I got to see Ireland and England from the air - the clouds parted just in time! It was lovely. Maybe that's where I'll head next.
Here's a picture of all my stuff (sans actual suitcase) on the trainride to Bonn.
This one's of the street my hostel is on.
This is the same street, from my dorm room.
And here's my dorm, from my bunk! (I think I'm moving to a bottom one tonight, but I haven't decided yet.)
Here's good old Bonn! This is the Beethoven statue - you probably don't remember from that one music class, that he was born right here in Bonn.
And this is Bonn's Altes Rathaus (old city hall) ... and its American neighbor :/)
I'm going to enjoy these free days in Bonn to their absolute fullest, because once Berlin hits, I'll have homework, hosting, fraternizing, and researching to shuffle. Phew!
Liebe Grüße,
Lauren Margaret
(Anya shoutout!)
3 comments:
You are the coolest granddaughter, ever. Glad you are safe.
You just had to go and post a picture of Beethoven to make me super nostalgic and jealous didn't you... but thanks for the shout out :) one word. Awesome. I'm with grams. I'm glad you are safe
Dang that place looks pretty. If I start saving my money now, and go through your old rosetta-stone-type programs (do we still have those?), do you think Mom would let me visit there with you sometime? :)
I think we should get some of that rose wallpaper in picture 4 and put it in Lee/Ben's room. Yes?
--Sister
Post a Comment