Raised on the plains, matured along the Rhine. Studying in the mountains, awed by Berlin. Currently: Serving the Lord in Frankfurt
Sunday, March 24
Dortmund!
We got transfer calls this week (I know, it was a really short transfer, that's what happens when you go into the mission in the same transfer you enter the MTC in), and I'm staying in Dortmund with Sis. Haas! On Thursday we get 36 new missionaries, 11 sisters. For a little perspective we currently have 16 sisters in the mission. And we get more sisters next transfer. I only narrowly avoided having to train this time but next time it's pretty for sure that I'll train.
I love Dortmund! The ward is really involved in the missionary work, welcoming to strangers, and somewhat drama-free. The ward mission leader is really involved in our day-to-day needs. The city is not as beautiful as Bonn but the people are so friendly and kind.
BVB is the local fußball team and I learned my lesson this week: I will never try to take the U-bahn to church at the beginning of a BVB game again. We were in there like sardines, and then our bus didn't come for 45 minutes because of the game-day traffic! Ahh!
In Dortmund there are 4 elders (Penfold, Guymon, Seamons, Sheppard), 2 sisters, and a senior missionary couple (Vermillions). We all share the whole city as an area. The members love having all 8 of us over at once, which is both a lot of fun and also kind of stressful. I never thought I'd have the problem of not having enough time for all the appointments we have! Dortmund could really use another set of sisters. And we might even get them soon!
No pictures today because we're at an internet cafe. One of the computers at the church wouldn't connect to the internet so we just stayed near home. We're going to spend the rest of the day responding to letters and other fun 'sit on the couch and do nothing' activities.
The sun is starting to rise earlier and the weather cleared up, so basically I've been waking up at about 6:19am every day despite my eye covering. Curse you, sun! Those eleven minutes are precious to me!
Congrats to my cousin Jade on her adorable new baby!
I hear my sisters went to a Taylor Swift concert without me. Jealous. I require play-by-play letters.
I heard The Voice on the radio and it made me want to protect Camelot. Strange.
Love you all! Bye!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment