But the good news is that my legs are basically already hard as rocks.
This week lots of amazing things happened, but mostly it was just cold and I was kinda miserable. Funny how that is.
Amazing thing number one is basically a story about breaking rules. I know. Only gone a month and already look at me.
We got home from a long day of missionary work at 9:03, only 3 minutes after our goal, so we could plan and go to bed early. But then we got a voicemail that someone Sis. Haas taught in her last area was getting baptized RIGHT NOW. So she called the Zone Leaders, so mad that they didn't tell her! But it turns out they didn't tell her because she only said yes to baptism that same day.
So we went from no shoes and no coat to standing on the train platform in 3 minutes (you bet we ran), but we just BARELY missed the train. So did we go to bed? NO! We called president and got permission to take a taxi to Unna (a half hour away). We got it. So we taught the taxi driver that he could talk to God personally and that it would bless his family, and we gave him a Book of Mormon.
The baptism didn't start until 10pm! It was beautiful, though. The branch president gave a talk and there were some lovely testimonies. We had a bit of fun with the actual baptism because they hadn't had time to practice the actual immersion part . . . but everything went fine.
Then the truth hit us: it was 11:15 and we were over an hour from home.
So the local elders drove us in shifts to the train station (there were 5 sisters and 2 elders who needed to take the train). Luckily nothing too crazy happened on the train rides, but we didn't get home and to bed until 2 am.
Did I get up at 6:30 the next morning (which was Sunday)? You bet I did. But I'd be lying if I didn't tell you I slept for another half hour after I woke up. Does that count?
Amazing thing #2! (But actually there were a ton of amazing things this week because I there were 2 splits. One day a sister who served here for 8 months came to help me figure out where stuff is, and then the next day the coordinating sister came to spend a couple days with Sis. Haas and I and they were both SO inspired! But anyway.)
This one is short because I got places to be. We have this investigator who is super logical and just doesn't feel it when he prays, but he keeps coming back. And we have this crazy old Argentinian ward member who will bear testimony for a week if you let her. And Sis. Haas was like, "Let's get them together!" And I was like, "Um, okay . . . but that's a terrible idea." I was super nervous about it all week but guess what. It worked. In fact, when we had to leave, the investigator stayed behind to listen to her talk about how much she loves the church and the Book of Mormon and Jesus Christ some more! Basically Sis. Haas is a genius.
Ok well we have to go Staubzaug our apartment and buy food so we don't starve.
P.S. Sorry for calling you out last week Shelby, I got your letter!!!
P.P.S. Actually I got like 8 letters this week! Mostly from my family but still. The elders were pretty jealous.
No comments:
Post a Comment