Berlin has been an absolute whirlwind. This has only just now occured to me, as I sit here in my room, flipping through the 966 photos and over 30 videos I’ve taken in the past… how long have I been here?
Exactly two weeks. It feels like years. And years.
Typical day breakdown:
9:30 — meet at the Neue Wache
(the new guardhouse, built by Carl Friedrich Schinkel)
| Neue Wache on Unter den Linden: neo-classical |
10:00-11:30 — Observe and analyse history through art and architecture
(in two weeks we’ve gone from antiquity through neo-classical to romantic/realist/impressionist etc. movements of the 1800s)
13:15-17:45 — Classes at the Goethe Institut [ˈgøːtə ɪnstiˈtuːt]
(45 minute break altogether)
19:00 — Either Home Evening, Institute (at church), group dinners, buying groceries, or going home and doing the reading for mornings, or homework for Goethe
Fridays we have the mornings ‘off’, but there’s always some paid for (read: tuition) activity, and I’d like my money’s worth.
(I despise roccoco.)
The second weekend (this one), we spent Friday evening until late Sunday in Dresden. I may do another post on Dresden very soon, because it is lovely.
| Dresden Opera and Museum |
Some of you may have seen on Facebook that I accidentally slept for twenty hours last Sunday—is anyone surprised, now that you know what I’ve been up to all month?
| I feel like this a lot. (oh yeah, there's a zoo.) |

1 comment:
You are so awesome!
Post a Comment