Monday, July 18

A Collection of Film

The best part of the Berlin Zoo was how active all the animals were! Here are some clips from my favorites.


Background music: Russian Field by Skazka



This video is a smattering of videos I've taken since I arrived, in no particular order.





And last but definitely not least, here's a guided tour of the Mietskaserne I now live in. "Mietskaserne" means rented barracks, and is a (used to be) negative term for the kind of apartment buildings all over Berlin. During the population boom during the industrial era, in the worst cases 2,000 people could be living in a building similar to mine. My building in particular doesn't have a history like that. In fact, because it's so close to Tempelhof, it was often occupied by air force officers.












as you may have noticed, I'm also experimenting with various internet video platforms.

1 comment:

grams said...

How fun to have a place like this to live. You will have memories forever of your time in Germany.