Monday, March 24

President said I looked chic in my blue dress

Well, last week was the best. I got my soul readjusted and I'm ready to commit myself anew. Everything is simpler and happier and I'm just full of energy. Spiritual energy, anyway.

I've realized that it really doesn't matter what character traits you have, or how sensitive you naturally are to the Spirit. What it all boils down to is whether you're repentant. Even if you're stubborn, do you give in eventually? Even if you're angry, do you apologize? Because no matter what you started out with, God can't do anything with you if you're not willing to come to Him.

Something I realized was missing from my prayers was apologizing for things. I know repenting is a constant, sometimes subconscious process of changing. But outright telling God you know that He knows that you could have done better really speeds up the whole process. And it makes me feel light and bouncy. Prayer is all about remembering who God is, remembering your relationship to Him, and realigning yourself to that truth.

And you can do it over and over and over! God's voice has changed in my mind. When I was younger, everyone in the scriptures had a monotone. But more recently I would read Jesus' commands in kind of a boom. "Repent ye, repent ye!", he shouted in their faces. And now I hear him like the way the actor talks in the biblevideos.org : calmly, lovingly, clearly, confidently, pleading us to listen and soften and obey. He begs us to accept that He truly loves us as much as He says He does. Isn't it wonderful?

Be good! Eat vegetables!

No comments: