Tuesday, March 4

Very cold. And snowy. Again.

Hi Mom!!!

Everything you said was awesome, I'm so glad it's not snowing here!! It's like spring!

On to my life!

I made it through my first week in Jena! I feel like I've been here forever, maybe partially because I've known Sister Plett for over a year. And we get along and understand each other so well! Sister Plett is an avid sticker collector--meaning she pulls cool stickers off street signs and poles and stuff. I've started doing it too. Which is awkward because then I stick them on my planner so that I can put them in my journal when I get home, so I have to be careful not to show off my socialist propaganda graffiti when I'm asking people for their numbers.

Speaking of which, we TALKED TO PEOPLE ON THE STREET this week! It only took me a year to figure it out! I know I shocked a lot of RM's by saying I'm just now getting to that but God pays the afternoon servants as much as those that came in the morning. We realized we needed to do it and that we can do it but we're just too scared to do it, so we asked the Zone Leaders to come with us to give us a boost. Basically, it's terrifying always and we're learning to get over ourselves. Also, we've been practicing approaching with the Book of Mormon which is way easier because if you have nothing to say you just say "Hey do you know this book?" Done. Phew!

This week we did some service, as you may have noticed in the pictures. Sister Plett has some relatives in Jena and one of them is having a baby today, so last week we moved her bed back to her mom's house so she would have room for all the baby stuff. We borrowed the car from the senior couple and strapped the spring-loaded storage space bed frame to the top of their tiny tiny car. Then we parked it back in the garage, went to our chiropractor appointment, then went and got the car and drove it to Krippendorf. The way to Krippendorf (we call it Gryffindor)  is steep, windy, and narrow. And this was only my second time driving in Germany ever. (Remember when I got that speeding ticket on Sister Lehman's 3rd day in the country?) It's always a good time when vehicles are involved.

Our apartment used to house the senior couple, so it's way nice. It's right in the middle of the university and we have a TV with a USB port!!! So we just have mormon messages and bible videos running all the time. I love it. But we have to be careful. If I watch more than 4 mormon messages in a row I start crying. SO GOOD.

Love y'all! Be nice!

No comments: