Monday, March 24

Re: finally a little bit warm

Lauren’s answer to my weekly email. 

-Nancy

-----------l

I'm so excited about Cornell! Ahh! That's so great. He [Ben] said "I guess we'll both be moving a long distance in August." That stinker.

Today was nutso.

Sister Plett is from Vancouver and is 24, came out at the same time as me. She likes manga and Sailor Moon and draws cartoons in her journal. She's really calm and clear headed and we understand the noises that we make when we answer without opening our mouths because we're chewing. And she let me rearrange the entire apartment! (all 2 rooms of it . . .)

Go watch Jesus Declares the Parable of the Lost Sheep (biblevideos.org) because it is so good. I didn't realize how much effort went into rescuing a lost sheep!!

Did I tell you? Every Sunday we missionaries have a paper route. We do it to help an investigator who took it over from his friend who was a new convert, but then he died, and the investigator is too old to do it alone. He gets paid, we get to stuff mailboxes with something people actually want. Win win.

Saturday we went to Shi Rui's apartment and he made us real chinese food! He's from China and he's a member. He's working on his PhD and works with Huiying, who he referred to us about 8 months ago. She was there too, and another friend. We watched I'm a Mormons in Chinese. And some in English. And then Shi Rui showed us a video of elders lip syncing in the car. Oh, the internet. You silly thing. The food was excellent and we taught Elder Hathaway to use chopsticks.

Today we went to Wartburg castle and it was quite fun. The buses don't run until April so we had to walk and on the way back down we had to run.

You're all cool. Keep it up.

TSCHÜß!

No comments: