Saturday, July 5

Cool!

Lots of mission lingo in this one!

June 2, 2014

Hello!

Our mission turnover rate is messy. Basically, all the "boom" sisters will be leaving about a transfer before the next rush comes in, so there will be a lot of ghost town sister areas for about 2 months, and then they'll almost all reopen. Everyone left will be training. That's why we expected to stay in this drit (threesome), there's no turnover before we leave! BUT, we found out we're losing 1 and gaining 2 for my last transfer. So we will have to break up the drit. It's for the best. I just do not want to die with another leaver! Trunky gets all over my stuff that way.

This week was pretty busy and successful, even though it got cold and rained for 3 days. Again. Sister Stoker can't take it anymore (the cold). We met with an investigator I taught in Erfurt. Flashbacks. And we got pictures with the Erfurt merchants' bridge, and great chinese food! We met with Sister Plett's cousin, who had her baby. She is really looking forward to having her baby receive a blessing, because we explained that Jesus never baptized babies, but he did bless them! Sister Plett talked to her before about how babies cannot choose and therefore cannot sin, but that was maybe a bit too complicated for her.

Huiying continues to be a dream to teach. We talked about how to grow our faith and even though she's working on her master's thesis she figured out her own way to fit in daily scripture study! And on Sunday, we got to meet with her AND President Schwartz! She really really enjoyed that. And he loved her.

I made chocolate zucchini cake. Still as good as ever, even with fake german brown sugar. Maybe the zucchini is just better here!

I got (probably) my last interview with President Schwartz, who goes home in about 3 weeks. That'll be so strange, but I know he's very tired and is looking forward to visiting all his extended family who don't live within mission boundaries (he's from near Nuremberg, which is within the mission, so he does get to see his own kids). Mom, he said he'd love to coordinate with us so you can meet him!

On Saturday we were in the park and ran into a Syrian friend of ours and his brother. They chatted with us for a long time. I was talking to his brother, who has been in Germany longer and lives in Berlin, and he was very curious about our religion. Then he said, "Honestly, I just made him come talk to you guys because he has a hard time finding people who speak English and so he doesn't socialize very much." And then he told us his brother would be coming to FHE on Monday for sure. What a nice brother! I was really touched by that; even though neither of them are interested in investigating, they are just really good people and I hope at least the one who lives in Jena will come make friends with all us english speakers.

We have yet another leadership council this week, the very last one with President Schwartz. It'll be a little different because instead of all 5 Jena missionaries going to Frankfurt, the Coburg sisters are going to come up to Jena and then just me and the Coburg STL will go to Frankfurt together. Bummer for my companions but it's good that at least someone will be working in Jena that day. I hate leaving the city to fend for itself for whole days at a time.

No comments: