Saturday, July 5

Last days of Jena

June 16, 2014

Hi mom!

Transfer calls: I got transferred back to Erfurt, with Sister Stoker, for our last transfer. Sister Weber will stay in Jena with a Sister Robison, and Sister Weber is the STL now. It would have been weird to go to leadership council with a new mission president, anyway! President Schwartz has 2 weeks left. :(

This week we hit the dorms and rang those doorbells, and met a lot of really interesting students! One had even met with elders before and was willing to meet again. But the biggest thing was that a referral from a member was really willing to talk to us about her personal experiences with prayer and she really enjoys  coming to our church for activities. I really really like her and I think she's going to stick around!

On Monday it was a holiday but not our P-Day (because everything is closed on holidays) so we made sushi. Turns out sushi tastes good because you put vinegar in it! Did not know that.

Wednesday we went by Charlie and we knew that the elders were having an appointment with Zach, so we called them to let us in, and it was ridiculous. They were chucking things off the balcony at us. (the elders, not zach.)

Friday was Sister Weber's anniversary of arriving in Germany, so we went to an american bar and grill called Cheers! and got HAMBURGERS. And they were authentic!!!! The fries were even awesome. BUT. The tvs on the walls were playing volleyball, biking, golf, and a strongman competition. We were definitely still in Germany.

Saturday was our final conference call with President Schwartz and -- he didn't do it in German!!!! Darn. Ah well. "You cannot understand my german and you cannot understand my english, so I hope you can understand the spirit." I love that man.

There he is.

Here's a wrap up of the Jena branch:

Sister Weber, Meredith and Matt Durrant, me, Sister Stoker (we're short!), Jalena and Jeff Nielson, Shi Rui, Olaf and Serge, and Sister Schwendiman.

So American 8x, chinese 1x, russian 2x.

Benny, René, his fiancée Josi, with Katharina and her boyfriend Benjamin in the back. Me, Eleen, Sister Stoker, Ada (from Cuba), Sydney (RM from Canada), Zach (you know him), Sr. Böseman.

That's almost everyone. I gotta say, we're a pretty attractive branch!

This week I'll pack up my stuff and put it right back where it was for 6 months. Or maybe I'll take the other half of everything to shake things up. I've already started texting my investigators in Erfurt. Luckily Sister Weber still had the Erfurt phone and keys! Almost every sister to serve in Erfurt must also serve in Jena. I'm so special, I get to just flop back and forth! 

I love you guys! Sorry that my P-Day turned out to be Monday anyway. Gera didn't need us for their street display anymore. Have a great week! You already know my new address :D

Sister Teusch

No comments: