Saturday, July 5

She's congradumalated, too!

May 26, 2014

Zach to get on our Jena Missionaries facebook page for us (we're allowed one, we're just not personally allowed on it) and then Zach showed my companions my facebook page and ALL my old profiles pictures. Sister Stoker's been teasing me about my emo phase all day.

On Saturday we were dooring in this dorm where international students live (gold!), and we were about to ring the last doorbell on the floor when we heard footsteps, so we waited to see if that person would come down this hallway. Then I heard the person stop right behind us, so I turned around. . . and it was Zach! He lives literally across the hall from the last door, where we found a new investigator: a chinese student who has only heard the name Jesus in passing.

 

On Sunday we had an appointment with her (her English name is Charlie) and it was so cute. We spent a good half an hour just explaining prayer. How you it doesn't matter how you hold your hands, and you can say whatever you want, and she asked if when she's practicing, if she has to pray in English. We said she could pray in Chinese. . . "The Heavenly Father speaks Chinese?!" ah, adorable. Then we rang Zach to thank him for letting us in the building (the doorbells don't work from the outside. . .) and he was skyping his dad so I got to say hi. That wasn't probably kosher. Zach also gave us Rice Krispie treats. Score.

I'm so happy that President Schwartz committed us all to fill out our My Family books. Because of that, I asked all 3 of my living grandparents, all converts, to share their conversion story with me. Mom, both of your parents have written back and it was just the best to read those and to read their testimonies.

Friday we went to a musical fireside in Erfurt, because Sister Weber was on the program. And it was so nice to see all the Erfurters again! And Elder Norman made really really really good cinnamon rolls (that he then transported to the church in an emptied-out drawer lined with baking paper. Elders!). Sister Loch made sure to invite us, Mom, to come to dinner when we're in town!

I am loving the weather, I love Jena, and I love my tiny little branch. And I love you!

Bye!

 

No comments: